SISAY – TURKISH CINEMA EXHIBITORS ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS ECM2018
FINAL LINE UP OF SPEAKERS AND PANELS
Leading cinema exhibitors, technology companies and industry experts to explore innovations, opportunities and challenges for cinema development in Emerging Cinema Markets – ECM2018
With only a few days before the Emerging Cinema Markets 2018 conference begins on the 20th November in Istanbul, DCS Events in association with The Big Picture and SISAY Turkish Exhibitors Association are pleased to announce the final line up of speakers and sponsors.
We are especially proud to announce that the CGV Mars Entertainment Group are now a Gold Sponsor of ECM2018 alongside our other gold sponsors – Aures, CinemaNext, Cinema Intelligence, Comscore, Movio and the Vista Group.
“The Emerging Cinema Markets Conference is crucial to the development of the new opportunities across Africa, Central Asia, the Balkans, Eastern Europe and Turkey. We would like to thank the large numbers of delegates, companies, sponsors and suppliers from all over the world who will be with us in Istanbul.
“The conference will provide suppliers, exhibitors and content providers from the regions a unique chance to come together at #ecmistanbul to explore, discuss and learn about the key developments, technical challenges and innovations that are central to the cinema industry today and looking ahead to the future. We are so pleased that so many people have signed up to attend what we promise is going to be a very informative and interesting event and one that also offers a unique chance to network with industry experts and professionals.”
Rob Arthur, Partner at DCS Events / Senior Consultant at The Big Picture
‘The ECM in Istanbul will provide a focus for markets that are re-awakening to the cultural and experiential power of cinema, and which have huge unrealised commercial potential ‘.
Paul Higginson, Executive Vice President – EMEA , 20th Century Fox
“Turkey has taken significant steps in the cinema industry during recent years.
At SISAY, we are proud to have ECM2018 happening in Turkey, the biggest cinema market in the region”
Cenk Sezgin, CEO, SISAY Turkish Cinema Exhibitors Association / CEO CineMarine
“We are excited to be co-hosting this event. The quality of speakers and panellists who have agreed to attend is outstanding. We see that every territory is at a different stage in the evolution of cinema. Over the last few years we have witnessed the emergence of numerous new markets and have worked with cinema operators, property developers and local authorities to bring the right cinema offer to each location. We are also helping many nascent companies grow and become truly global best practise operators. It is not a one size fits all and each territory needs careful thought and planning. Now is a good time for everyone interested in cinema to get together and share ideas and experiences.”
Mike Thomson, Partner at The Big Picture
Please find the full schedule as attached. Confirmed Speakers are as listed below –
- Paul Higginson, Executive Vice President – EMEA, 20th Century Fox
- Hakan Askar, Director, Digital Cinema Systems, CGV Mars Cinema Group
- Jean Mizrahi, Chief Executive Officer, Ymagis
- Adnan Akdemir, Chief Executive Officer, Sifisian Investments, Turkey
- Bakytzhan Mussatayev, CEO, Chaplin Cinemas, Kazakhstan
- Cenk Sezgin, CEO, SISAY Turkish Cinema Exhibitors Association / CEO CineMarine
- Till Cussmann, Senior Vice President Sales & GM Europe, Vista
- Sultan Akgül Duranay, Marketing Director, Theatrical Div.TME Films
- Kemal Kaplanoglu, Managing Partner, TME Films
- Christopher Gaunt, Chairman, British Chamber of Commerce Turkey
- Neil Floyd, Deputy Consul General & Head of Dept. for International Trade -Istanbul
- Arturo Guillen, Vice President, EMEA & India, ComScore
- Kene Mkparu, Chief Executive Officer, KomWorld, Nigeria
- Oliver Pasch, Sales Director Europe, Sony Digital Cinema
- Serge Plasch, Chief Commercial Officer, Cinionic
- Kareem Attiyat, Managing Partner, Revo Real Estate Advisory Services
- Marc Allenby, Chief Executive Officer, Trafalgar Releasing
- Jean-Marie Dura, Founder, NXNW Management & Conseils
- Mariam el Bacha, Chief Executive Officer, Cinepax, Pakistan
- Malcolm MacMillan, SVP Global Sales & Marketing, Webedia
- Sandie Caffelle, Global Sales Manager, JACRO
- Christine Costello, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, More2Screen
- Lucy Jones, Executive Director, Comscore
- Mark Kendall, Business Development Manager – Cinema, EMEA, NEC
- John Morgan RIBA, Director, Leonard Design Architects
- Luis R Mota, Director, NOS Lusomundo Cinemas
- Simon Rees, Chief Executive Officer, CinePlace
- John Sullivan, Managing Partner The Big Picture
- Claudiu Tanasescu, Chief Executive Officer, Cinema Intelligence
- Harish Anand Thilakan, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Influx Worldwide
- Patrick von Sychowski, Editor, Celluloid Junkie
- Nick Varley, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Park Circus Distribution
- David Wallace, Director, Chapman Taylor
- Rus Wetherell, Chief Creative Officer, Eikon Group
- Jordi Wientjes, Consultant The Big Picture & Founder, Jordi Wientjes Solutions B.V.
- John Younis, Entertainment Business Unit General Manager, Baneasa
- Eranna Yekbote, Chief Architect, Era Architects
- Heather Blair, Vice President, Extended Cinema
- Rifat Oguz, Founder and CEO, Sinemia
- Mike Thomson, Senior Consultant, The Big Picture
- Still to be announced – Visionary Speaker from CGV Mars Cinema Group
The three-day conference will focus on the Turkish, Middle East, Central Asia, Balkans and the African markets and includes key speakers and presenters who will outline the current issues facing emerging markets. These include:
– Visionary Speeches and Panel Sessions
– Emerging Cinema Markets Overview with Trends and Opportunities
– 21st Century Shopping Centres – taking in the CGV cinemas at VadiIstanbul & Istinye Park*
– Cinema Technology
– Cinema Food & Drinks
– Growth Opportunities including Screen Advertising and Event Cinema
– Highlights on Africa & Turkey
– The Big Picture Focus on Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030
The Emerging Cinema Markets Conference 2018 #ecmistanbul provides the ideal forum to share views, opinions and future opportunities. There will be an informal trade show with the following companies taking part –
- CGV Mars Cinema Group
- The Vista Group – Vista, Movio, Cinema Intelligence
- SISAY with the Turkish Ministry and Cinema Professionals & Management
- Positive Cinema
- Influx Worldwide
The 21st Century Shopping Centres tour supported by Celluloid Junkie and SISAY, is taking place on the 20th Nov leaving the Swissotel at midday. The tour will visit the amazing shopping malls at VadiIstanbul & Istinye Park where there will be a showcase of the CGV cinemas including their 4DX, IMAX, Tempur Cinema and Gold Class screens. Delegates wishing to go on this should secure their space via the DCS website and be at the Swissotel by 11.30am to register. All delegates need to bring a form of ID along for security purposes.
Delegate list – confirmed companies attending include –
CGV Mars Cinema Group, 20th Century Fox, Cinema Next & Ymagis, TME Films, Aures, Comscore, Movio, NEC, Sony Digital Cinema 4k, Vista Group, Webedia, The Big Picture, UIP, Screen International, Influx Worldwide, Cinionic, JACRO, Chaplin Cinemas, Eikon, Cinepax, Komworld, Cinema Intelligence, Osram, IMAX, Cushman and Wakefield, Ferco Seating, Leonard Design, Positive Cinema, Banesea, Cineplace, NOSLusomundo Cinemas, RealD Europe, Trafalgar Releasing, D-Box, More2Screen, NXNW Management, Park Circus Distribution, Exhibition on Screen, Unique Digital Software, Dolby, Christie, Paul Hickman Design, CineTech Middle East, Celluloid Junkie, Box Office Turkiye, Box Office Pro/France, Cinema Technology, Cinema Professionals & Management, Dentons, ECCO GmBH, Era Architects, Extended Cinema, Lightbox Cinemas, Matris Engineering, MAG Cinema, Qube Cinema, Saran Investments, Sifisian Investments – Turkey, REVO Real Estate Advisory, Sinemia, Ushio Europe.
SISAY Turkish Cinema Exhibitors Association has confirmed that over 50 of their members will attend the conference and alongside a host of delegates from North, East and West Africa. We expect to have in the region of 200 delegates over the three days.
Delegate Tickets are still available to purchase through the website www.dcs.events. Delegate passes are at €995 Euros with a discounted price of €795 for all members of recognised industry trade bodies and event partners including ICTA, CINEPLACE and JACRO.
All information is available on www.dcs.events. Please note that timings and speakers may change leading up to the event.
HOSTS OF ECM2018
MEDIA SPONSORS AND EVENT PARTNERS